The CEIS portfolio certification process currently may be completed by using either the CEIS 2002 manual or the CEIS 2012 manual. However: choice of the appropriate format depends on when the portfolio is being submitted. The DPH will begin accepting portfolios in the CEIS 2012 format as of July 1, 2012. Portfolios in the CEIS 2002 format will be accepted until January 1, 2014. Information about both formats is provided below.
Certification for Early Intervention Specialists (CEIS) 2012
The "Certification for Early Intervention Specialists January 2012" manual comprises all information for the CEIS 2012 certification process. (CEIS 2012 reflects a revision that took place 2008-2012.). Portfolios in the CEIS 2012 format will be accepted as of July 1, 2012.
In the CEIS 2012 manual:
- All materials for each entry are grouped together; e.g., all Entry 1 materials including summary, instructions, cover sheet and grid begin on p. 17;
- All forms are available online in interactive format, so applicants are encouraged to complete all forms electronically, print, copy and submit (with all required signatures);
- Recommended checklists for portfolio submission are included in a separate section beginning on p. 146;
- The manual includes guidance on Progress Note components on p. 148;
- The manual includes CEC application materials for individuals wishing to apply to convert non-EITC trainings to EITC certificates (also available elsewhere on this website);
- There is a glossary of related terms on p. 169.
Links to materials below.
Certification for Early Intervention Specialists (CEIS) 2002
The "Certification for Early Intervention Specialists, July 2002, Reprinted September 2004, March 2006 and November 2008" manual comprises all of the information for the CEIS 2002 certification process. Portfolios may be submitted in this format until January 1, 2014.
This manual contains the instructions for developing a CEIS 2002 portfolio, including each of the four entries and an appendix for each entry. The appendices include all the required forms, as well as other helpful information. Links to related materials below.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- "Certification for Early Intervention Specialists," July 2002, Reprinted September 2004 and March 2006