Support for Massachusetts EI Programs for Supervision of Interns
The EI Training Center at the Massachusetts Department of Public Health is continuing a program to support local Early Intervention sites in hosting interns from Massachusetts Approved Higher Education Programs. Those programs are:
- Bay Path University: Certificate Program in Early Intervention
- Lesley University: Bachelor's degree programs in Child and Family Studies or Early Childhood Education with an EI Concentration
- Northeastern University: Graduate degree programs in Speech Language Pathology, Counseling Psychology, School Psychology or Physical Therapy with an EI Concentration; Bachelor's degree programs in Communication Disorders and Psychology, both with an EI Concentration; Interdisciplinary Early Intervention Certificate Program
- MGH Institute of Health Professions: Graduate degree program in Speech Language Pathology with an EI Concentration
- UMASS Boston: Bachelor's degree program in Early Education and Care in Inclusive Settings
Internships of at least 300 hours will be supported and hosting EI programs can submit applications for multiple interns per semester. The hosting Massachusetts EI program will receive $300 per semester and each site supervisor will receive $200.
The application process is as follows:
- Higher Ed. Programs communicate with EI programs to inquire about internships as is the current practice now.
- Once there is agreement on internship between the two parties, the Higher Education program completes the application to the EI Training Center.
- The application signed by representatives of the EI program and the Higher Education program must be submitted prior to the initiation of the internship
- Applications will be reviewed in order of receipt and will be accepted for as long as the student is an intern at the site completing their 300 hours.
- Internship Support Application and instructions (fillable MS Word form)
- Supervisory duties may not be "split" between two supervisors.
- At the successful completion of the internship, the Higher Ed program and the EI Program will each complete an Affirmation of Internship Completion form and submit it to Laura Guida at firstname.lastname@example.org for review.
Reimbursement will be issued based on successful review.